Biodegradable Plastics Compounding
Biodegradable plastics are the best materials to replace traditional plastics. With the increasing concern of plastics pollution in the environment and tightened government regulation on single use plastic items, biodegradable plastics have seen dramatic growth.
Biodegradable plastics are shear sensitive by nature and subject to hydrolysis like polyester. The efficient shear processing technology and low processing temperature provided by the Kailida Extrusion greatly maintains polymer integrity, such as molecular weight.
Biodegradable plastics can be processed on various types of film blowing machines, printing machines, bag-making machines, and sealing machines. Starch based biodegradable & Compostable resin is applicable for various kinds of bags, such as T shirt bags, Garbage bags, Produces bags, Draw Stringbags etc.
Biodegradable Material characteristics and challenges
|PLA||Polylactic acid||PLA has become a popular material due to it being economically produced from renewable resources.|
|PBAT||butyleneadipate-co-terephthalate||PBAT is a thermoplastic biodegradable plastic. The processing performance of PBAT is very similar to that of LDPE, and the film can be blown by LDPE processing equipment.|
|PHA||Polyhydroxyalkanoates||PHA are polyesters produced in nature by numerous microorganisms, including through the bacterial fermentation of sugar or lipids.|
|PBS||Polybutylene succinate||PBS is a biodegradable aliphatic polyester with properties that are comparable to polypropylene (PP).|
- Biodegradable plastics can be degraded into CO2, water and biomass by microbes under different conditions.
- Biodegradable plastics are often produced from renewable biomass such as vegetable fats and oils, cornstarch and straw, although some biodegradables are made from petroleum.
Advantages of Kailida Extrusion
- Kailida Extrusion with high torque, low speed, it is suitable for biodegradable plastics characteristics, they can not easy to decompose and deteriorate.
- The high torque twin screw extruder gearbox independently designed and developed by Kailida has low energy consumption and high output.
- According to the characteristics and requirements of different additives, provide the optimal technical configuration specification and screw design.
Kailida Extrusion for Biodegradable Plastics Compounding
-TWIN SCREW EXTRUDER
|L/D Ratio (Max.)||RPM||Main motor power|
Two Types of Process
1. Traditional processing: High Speed Mixer + Screw Loader + Twin Screw Extruder + Forced Side Feeder + Air Cooling Strand Pelletizing System/Underwater pelletizing system.
2. Automatic processing: Vacuum Loader + Loss-in-weight Feeder System+ Twin Screw Extruder + Forced Side Feeder + Air Cooling Strand Pelletizing System/Underwater pelletizing system