The full name of Color Master Batch is color masterbatch, also known as color species. It is a new type of special colorant for polymer materials, also known as Pigment Preparation. Masterbatches are mainly used on plastics. The color masterbatch is composed of three basic elements: pigments or dyes, carriers and additives.
Kailida Corotating intermeshing twin screw extruders (TSE Series) are exceptionally suitable for processing color-pigment masterbatches, offering benefits such as excellent dispersion at high throughput rates, high pigment loading levels, long lifetime of screw and barrel parts, and simple machine operation.
Color masterbatch has a wide range of applications, and the main service targets are plastics industry, rubber industry and fiber industry.
Basic Composition Of Colour Masterbatch Raw Materials
- Pigment is the basic coloring component. It is better to pre-treat the surface of its fine particles with resin to prevent mutual flocculation and make it easy to disperse.
- The carrier is the matrix of the masterbatch. At present, the same resin is used as the carrier for special color masterbatches, which can ensure the compatibility between the color masterbatch and the resin to be colored, and is conducive to better dispersion of pigments.
- The dispersant wets and covers the pigment, so that the pigment is uniformly dispersed in the carrier and no longer agglomerates. Its melting point should be lower than that of the resin, and it has good compatibility with the resin and a good affinity with the pigment.
- In addition to coloring, masterbatches also add flame retardants, antioxidants, antistatic agents, light stabilizers, etc. according to the various requirements of users, and have multiple functions at the same time.
Advantages of Kailida twin screw extruder for colour masterbatch
- Kailida has 15 years of rich experience in the design and research of colour masterbatch twin screw extruder industry.
- The proportion of color masterbatch in actual application is not big, so it is usually made by small twin screw extruder. Because the screw groove of small twin screw extruder is relatively shallow, the effect of mixing, plasticizing and dispersing will be better.
According to your application & output, Kailida recommended models are as follows:
|Model||Diameter (mm)||L/D Ratio (Max.)||RPM||Main motor power (KW)||N.m/Cm3||Do/Di||Output(kg/hr)|
Two Types of Process
- Traditional processing: High Speed Mixer + Screw Loader + Twin Screw Extruder + Water Cooling Strand Pelletizing System
- Automatic processing: Vacuum Loader + Loss-in-weight Feeder System+ Twin Screw Extruder + Water Cooling Strand Pelletizing System/Underwater pelletizing system